Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Day at the Zoo



Decided to go to Washington DC to the National Zoo rather than the Baltimore Aquarium today. The weather was a little bit cooler, clear blue skies, and much less humid – more like the good ol’ Maine summer weather we’re used to! Folks at the zoo told us we had the perfect day to see lots of the animals on the move since it wasn’t as hot. We watched an elephant “weigh in” at its daily check up, a “baby” panda eat bamboo for breakfast, and orangutans walk across cables overhead. Perhaps the most fascinating were the “big cats” – the tigers and lions. We did A LOT of walking! Our legs are like spaghetti!

4 comments:

Abby Peabody said...

I bet you guys had a great time at the Washington Zoo, I wish I could have gone. That panda was wicked cute! LOL! I hope you're having a good time down in Baltimore, even though I have a good feeling that you're having a blast! I also hope that you do well in the competition, good luck!

Abby Peabody

Andrew Foster said...

I went to the D.C. Zoo once too. It was very fun and I hope you guys had fun aswell. My favorite animal in the Zoo was the Giant Panda. What was yours?

Alley said...

Wow I'm so jealous! LoL! I would have loved to see a panda! But I'm glad you guys got to see one! That's so cool! I hope you guys are having a lot of fun and I can't wait until you all get back! I'm glad you guys get to experience this once in a life time thing! LoL! Anyway hope your having fun and good luck!

Mrs. Main said...

hey abby michaela michaela alyssa courteney and brooke its avery and good luck did u have fun? bring me back some pictures of the cool things
you saw :-) bye bye
Avery